Hello family,
So I have been transferred to Greenville North Carolina!!!! It is another college town. Eastern Carolina University is here. I am very excited to be here!!! My new companion is Elder McHan, from Gooding Idaho. He just finished his training and has been out around 3 months or so. In mission terms he is my step-son because I am his first companion after his father(trainer). He is a great missionary!! He ran cross country for a school somewhere in Washington. The area seems to be a pretty good area. They have only had one baptism all year back in January, but that is about to change:) I think if we really work hard and submit ourselvs to the Lord that we can have another baptism before the year is over.
My first week here has been pretty great. We worked really hard this week and found 6 new
invesatigators! We committed 2 of them to baptism on the first lesson! Hopefully
they will follow through. Ill let you know more about some of the people we are
teaching once I get to know them better. Ive found out yet again that I am
terrible at remembering peoples names.
The ward here is really supportive so far. They are all very nice and
welcoming. For Thanksgiving we are going to a few members homes. We aren't
really supposed to do any proselyting on that day so it will be full of visiting
members and also eating a lot!
That is some great news about all the mission calls that people are
getting!!! That is also awesome that Brooke Estes is comming here to North
Carolina!! Im sure one day we will probbably see each other. North Carolina is
an awesome place to serve a mission and I know that she will love it here! As
far as food goes we get a lot of fried food! My new favorite food is Fried
oysters! We also eat a lot of hushpuppies and coleslaw. The carolina bbq is very
different from anything Ive ever had, but it is really good! There is a lady
that gave me a recipie if you want me to send that to you.
Well, have a good Thanksgiving with the family. I will really miss it. But
I look forward to telling you more about this area and our investigators next
week.
Love Elder Mortensen
P.S. I get to drive our brand new Chevy Curze
More Pictures From Time Spent In Wilmington
Brayden with Brother Brunson (Ward Mission Leader)
Brayden with Brother Brewer
Brayden with Lonnie
No comments:
Post a Comment