Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I've Found That The Ability To Learn and Adapt Is One Of Greatest Gifts That He Has Given Us

Hello everyone!
 
We have had a great week! It sounds like it has been very cold there. We have had some nice weather which has made it nice for proselyting! We had a fantastic week. We stayed busy seeing a lot of people. We are doing our best to work with the large number of part member families, because there are a LOT of them. There are a good amount of them that come to church regularly but have not yet decided to join the church for various reasons. We have not had a lot of success yet with them but we are finding success in other ways.


R-- is still doing well.   He is still progressing well, but has complicated family situations that he is trying to work out. He and his family came to our branch Christmas social on Friday. It was great! the youth put on a Christmas play and there was a lot of good food.

We found 3 new investigators this week! Sadly one of them suddenly moved to South Carolina in between our first and second lesson. One of them that we found is M--. He is good friends with our investigator S--. We were teaching S-- and M-- just happened to be there. He also knew the member we had with us pretty well so it all worked out great! One of the struggles we have here is getting members to go to lessons with us. We have an awesome Branch mission leader who is helping us change that. He is doing a great job!!! This upcoming week should be one of our best weeks yet!

 
I really enjoyed the Christmas Devotional. Thank you for sharing some of your favorite parts with me. My favorite part is when the Primary General President said that a gift that comes to us is "what happens next". It made me think of how thankful I am to have the ability to change. Ive found that is one of the greatest gifts that he has given us, to learn and adapt. Ive seen a lot of changes in myself since I've been here in North Carolina, and a lot of changes since I've been here in Tabor City. That is probably why I love my mission so much is because I am changing and becoming more like Christ every day.

 
I hope you have a great week! Stay safe in the snow and in the cold. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season.


Love Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment