Monday, May 5, 2014

Last Missionary Email -- I Know That With Christ, All Things Are Possible

Dear family and friends,
 
 
This last week in Tabor City has been one of the best weeks of my mission. There were a lot of great things that happened that I am excited to tell you about!
 
 
Our district meeting this week was absolutely amazing. We learned about the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. All of the missionaries in our district had the opportunity to teach something and to share their thoughts and impressions. The feeling of unity and charity towards one another in our district continues to amaze me. I have had a blast being here in the Tabor City district. Every week the missionaries make comments on how much they love the district and how uplifting it is to go to district meeting. I think that has been one of the best joy's of the last few months is seeing the district get to where it is now.
 
 
We taught a ton of lessons this week. Most of them were with less active members of the branch. I've gained a sincere love for all of these members. Since I've been in Tabor City, reactivation is most of the work we have done. We did have a few of the less active members we teach come to church this week which was great!
 
 
I've reflected a lot on D&C 18 a lot this week. That section talks about the joy's of missionary work. I can honestly say, that I am surprised at how much joy my mission has brought me. I always knew that I would love serving a mission, but never even came close to understanding how much I would love it. Even though my mission is coming to an end soon, I feel confident about the future.
 
 
Mom. Thank you so much for sending that article. I really appreciate it a lot. I have asked myself the exact same question this past week, so I know you were inspired to find that article. To make my final weekend in the mission field amazing was a surprise visit from Elder Neil L Anderson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles! We got a voicemail Friday during the day that he wanted to meet with all of the missionaries in our mission the next day. It was very short notice but it was absolutely amazing. He is a really funny man and is an amazing teacher. He was accompanied by Elders Peiper, Martinez, and Parker of the 70. They taught about a lot of things, but mostly about the atonement of Jesus Christ. They told us that the most important thing we can do for others is share the full meaning of the atonement with others using the Book of Mormon. A lot of people here believe that being saved is a one time event, but we know it to be a life long pursuit that brings great joy and happiness. Since then, I've been studying a lot about the Atonement and what it means for me. I've realized that he has enabled me to do so many things on my mission that I could not do by myself. It is crazy to see all that he does. It is also crazy to see how easy it is to overlook the things that he enables us to do. I know that with Christ, all things are possible.
 
 
I am excited to see you all, but they are going to have to drag me out of North Carolina :)
 
 
Love Elder Mortensen
 
 
Elders Allen, Mortensen and Cluff

Brayden with the K-- Family

Brayden with the W-- Family
 

1 comment: