Dear Everyone,
I am doing great! We had a really good week and a lot of good things
happened. First off, Brother Kevin Champion was baptized on Tuesday. It was such
a powerful experience. There were about 60 people that attended the baptisim.
He has such a great support in the ward. He has been investigating the church
for 4 years now and has been comming to church every week for about the same
ammount of time. There were a lot of people praying and fasting for him. His
Wife's family is his biggest support and there are a lot of them in Wilmington
that have helped him over the years. I will attatch a picture of a few pictures
from the baptisim. The rest of the week was good too! for the Fourth of July we
had a ward party where we were able to get to know some members better. We have
such an amazing ward and everyone gives us soo much support. My favorite day of
the week is Sunday because I get to be around all of them and get to enjoy the
spirit. Right now we are teaching 8 Friends who are investigating the church and
about 5 or so other friends who are either less active or recent converts. On
preperation day we wake up, exercise for 30 minutes, eat breakfast, shower,
study for two hours and then usually go to the library. After the library we go
to Walmart and shop for food that we need the following week. Then we return to
our appartment and write letters; this week we didnt get any letters because it
is transfer week, they hold the letters until everyone is in their new area.
After writing letters we clean and sometimes go play basketball at the church
with the Zone Leaders. Next week we might go to a ju'jitsu gym with a member of
our ward. I dont know if that is how you spell it, but it is come kind of
martial art. My companion Is amazing!! We are really different in the way we
think though. He doesnt eat any sugar so whenever we get sweets from people I
get them all! but the best think I have learned from him is how to plan, and
also how to work hard all day. He is such a hard worker and I am really
fortunate to have him training me. We did meet our new President, he is a super
solid man and I look forward to getting to know him better in the future. The
reason we go to Golden Coral so much is because I think people just like the
variety. There are a million other places to go but they choose there.
Wilmington is the Hollywood of the East as everyone tells me because they film a
lot of movies here. They are currently filming Iron Man 3 here.
It sounds like everything at home is going good!! I am super jealous of you
guys going up to the cabin. I really miss spending time with my family. I will
deffenatley look forward to going when I get back. It also sounds like all the
sports and other activities yall are doing are fun as well!
I realized something the other day when I was studying. I realized how much
I love the Book of Mormon! I really wish I would have read more consistantly
when I was home. It is the best guide for me in the mission field and I just
love it soooo much! I know yall probbably get to read it back home, but if not
you should be! It is soo helpfull and I dont know how I could ever get along
without it. It is interesting, when I first came out here I thought we would use
the Bible a lot. I dont think we used it at all this last week.. Maybe once or
twice, but its amazing what you can get from the Book of Mormon. I really like
the Bible too, but it doesnt prove that the Gospel has been restored, so that is
why we use the Book of Mormon more often out here.
As always, thank you for the spiritual quote, I love them! Its exciting to
hear Brandon got his mission call. Tell him congrats for me, he will be an
outstanding missionary.
Well, that is probbably it for now. I love you all. I have learned to love
people a lot easier out here on my mission, its crazy. Thank you for your
thoughts and prayers, I deffenatley do feel the strength they give me. I hope
you all have a good week:)
Love,
Elder Mortensen
Elder Peck, Kevin Champion, Elder Mortensen
Sister Champion, Kevin Champion, Brother DaSilva
No comments:
Post a Comment