Dear Family,
Everything here is going great! We did have a pretty big storm here the
other day but we didnt loose power or anything like that. Luckilly we had an
exchange with a car so we didnt get too wet. The reason I didnt write yesterday
is because we had a zone meeting and our preparation day was pushed to today.
We met our new President yesterday. Im not sure how to spell their name but it
is President and Sister Bernheisel... or something. They are great! He seems
really prepared and ready to take on the huge load of being a mission president.
Now to answer the questions..We do not have a car, we just have bikes.
Fortunatley there are some great members who give us rides when they come on
exchange with us. It has been soooo hot the last few days. It has been over 100
degrees with high humidity, it is crazy and ive never experienced anything like
it. I have not had a chance to play guitar since the time I did at the Allen's.
Our ward went on treck and it was with the rest of the Steak. They went
somewhere up in Virginia I think. From our ward we had about 20 youth go. We
have a great ward with a lot of great people, but there are a large ammount of
less actives. Me and Elder Peck attend our ward each week, and so far we have
only had one short notice teaching opportunity in church. We taught one of the
classes, I think it was Gospel essentials. It is pretty similar to our ward at
home and I love going to church because the people are soo nice.. For the
package that you will be sending soon There is not a whole bunch that I need
right now, I think I have all I need. For the music I would like to make some
suggestions for what to send me. A few Tommy Emmanuel songs I would like are
"Amazing Grace" "Those Who Wait" and "Questions". There may be a few more that
would be appropriate but those are some I can think of. If you are buying the
songs off of Itunes I would like some music by Celine Dion if she has any church
songs. I know she may have done some Christmas songs or something.. Anyways If
you could find any appropriate church songs she has sung that would be great.
For the fourth of July we cant really do anything. We are going to the Ward
Party that day and hopefully will be able to meet some good potential
investigators as well as getting to know the members better
I loved reading about your experience at Trek. I am soo happy y'all had the
opportunity to go. I really felt the spirit just reading about your experience
and even started tearing up a little (wow, I am a baby). I think ive gotten more
sensitive to the spirit since ive been here, which is a good thing. I really
wish I could go to trek again but I think the spiritual experiences I feel here
are very similar to the experiences You felt there.
Today is the big day! Kevin Champion is getting baptized! I will make sure
to tell you all about it next week and I will make sure to take some good
pictures.
This past week has been a pretty great week. We went to Golden Corral 4
times this week. I am pretty sure I will be a little chubby when I get home.. Oh
well. There have continued to be many spiritual experiences. It takes a lot of
work to be sensitive to the promptings that we recieve and it is something I am
really working on to improve. We continue to teach a lot of lessons and we have
a lot of people we are teaching. Every week in district meeting when we report
our numbers of lessons for the week, we are always at the top. It is amazing
what a little hard work can do and I know that it is because of our hard work
that God has blessed us with so many people to teach. I hope this has been an ok
letter, and I hope I answered all of your questions.
Before I go I want to express my love for all of you, especially my family.
I know I tell you every week, but I really do appreciate everything you have
done for me. I am who I am because of my family, and I am glad I had such a
supportive and loving family. I hope this week goes well for you:)
Love,
Elder Brayden Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment