Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh Yeah There Is Some Great News!!! We Are Having a Baptism Next Tuesday!!!

Dear family and friends,

I am doing very well and this last week has been a great one. I am still loving the mission and love the work we are doing. The weather has been pretty warm and humid, very humid. The other day we were out riding our bikes and it rained super hard! We got soaking wet but were dry by the time we got home. Warm rain storms are the wierdest things. The pictures you saw were from the Allen's who are a very nice family in the ward. I had the chance to play a little guitar for them but didnt sing any songs. I played Be Still My Soul as well as parts of a few Tommy Emmanuel songs. Neither of them play but I think one of their kids might have at one point. As it so happens, our neighor that lives above us plays the guitar and sings. We hear him all the time but have not met him yet, hopefully we will be soon!

Our FHE activity went really well! We held it in the Cantey's home, they are a member family. We had two recent converts over for the activity and it went really well. Me and Elder Peck gave a short lesson and got to know the people better! We are continually planning and preparing for the Family History Fireside on the 29th of july. It is aimed towards both members and non members. Hopefully we will be getting a few more investigators at that event.

The work continues to move forward here. We got three new investigators this week. Most of them are from referrals form either members or non members. We just ask everybody that we talk to if there is anyone they know that would like a message about Christ. We didnt get to see a lot of our investigators this week because they were out of town or busy. We did have a lot of lessons in members homes though! It is really nice to get to know them better, they are all great people. We have been fed a lot, I think we ate 5 meals last week with members.

Oh yea there is some great news!!! We are having a baptisim next tuesday!!! His name is Brother Champion and he is a super super nice and friendly guy. He has been investigating the church for 4 years or so and is married to a member of our ward. We were able to meet with him this morning and talk to him about being baptized. He said he wanted to and we set the date for his baptisim for Tuesday the 3. He is a solid guy and I cant wait to see him get baptized and change his life. From getting to know him he has changed soo much ofer the last few years. He had to give up smoking and has done very well staying away. His family also is not supporting him at all. They basically said that they will not have anything to do with him if he does get baptized. it is amazing all of the things he has done to change. The good thing is that he knows he needs to get baptized and is soo ready. He said that he would have gotten baptized Yesterday if we could have gotten it organized. It is a testimony builder to see how God can change lives.

 It sounds like trek is going to be fun! Our ward here just got off trek and they had a very great experience from what I heard. I cant tell you how excited I am for you to be going. It sounds like it might be a little stressfull especially for Mom and Dad. That is a lot of people to plan for and a lot of work. I know that you will be blessed for this great service you are doing and it will definately be worth it. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you.

It sounds like everything back home is going well, I love to hear what you are all doing so keep the info comming!

To answer a the rest of the questions you asked. I did get a a few letters today and it is nice to have them in letter form so I can read them before I go to the library. I dont think there is anything I need. Maybe when you have time, you could put a few songs together on a CD and send them to me. If you could get some Tommy Emmanuel songs that are appropriate I would love that. Dont take too much time for that, just if you have some spare time I would appreciate some more music here in a few months.

I love you all. I am very thankfull for the support you give me. I hope these letters are enough information. I know this is the Lords work and this Gospel is true. Have a great week, I love hearing from everybody.
Love,

Elder Brayden Mortensen


A picture of our district at district meeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment