Monday, June 18, 2012

The Work Keeps Piling Up But I Love It!!!


Dear Everybody,

This week has gone by really fast as usual! There is still a lot of work we are doing and we continue to keep very busy!

I havent recieved the letters from home in the mail yet, but I will respond as soon as I get them. I also didnt recieve an email from Grandma and grandpa yet. It sounds like everything is going well. It sounds like Bri had a good time at her engineering camp, I look forward to recieving her letter hopefully this next week. It sounds like the smoothies are really good! I cant wait to try one when I get home. I hope father's Day was great! It is soo exciting that both Trevor and Trenton are now married! Tell them both congratulations for me! Thank you so much for the quotes you send me, I really do appreciate them. I've decided that Jefferey R. Holland is my favorite speaker, him comming to my mission probbably has a lot to do with that but his talks are always inspiring and amazing.

As I said the work here is hard to keep up with. I deffenatley sleep better then I ever have becauase I get really tired from the constant work that we do. This last week we have recieved 11 referrals and have another 3 new investigators. The work keeps pilileing up but I love it!! We recieved a referral from someone in Mexico for their uncle who lives in our area. We were able to talk to him yesterday and teach him the first lesson. He speaks very broken english and is hard to understand, luckilly we had an exchange who spoke spanish with us. He is a great guy, all of his family who lives in Mexico has been baptized already and we are hoping he will be baptized soon!! Yesterday he said he knew the Book of Mormon was true and he is committed to be batpized. Hopefully everything will work out and we will able to get him there.


It is very exciting meeting new people every day. My favorite place to be in Wilmington is probbably the ghetto area. Suprisingly, there are very nice people in area's like this and they are almost wanting to hear more about Christ. 

This week we have some big things comming up. Tonight we have a Family Home Evening for some less active members in our ward. We are trying to get them fellowshipped with other members of the ward. Hopefully everything will work out. We also have a big Family History Fireside comming up which we will be helping out with. It is scheduled for July 29, but there is a lot of preperation that needs to go into it.

Well, Im not sure what else to say, other then I still love being here. I am very greatfull for those who support me, especially my family. Keep being awesome and Ill talk to you next week. The Church Is TRUE!

Love, Elder Brayden Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment