Hello family and friends,
This has been a great week, but an extremely long one for some reason. We
taught a lot of lessons which was good! My new companion is Elder Edman! This is
his first week in the mission field and he is doing so great! He is from Sandy,
Utah. We get along really well and he is a great companion! I wonder if
President Bernheisel knows what he is doing calling me a trainer!! haha just
kidding, I am really excited to be doing it. It is a little different than being
a junior companion though. It feels like a lot more responsibility being a
trainer, but I think it will push me to work harder. Ive found out that I do a
lot more of the teaching now that I am a trainer then when Elder Peck was here,
so I think it will be a big learning experience for me. Elder Peck is now in
Lumberton and he has been out for about 9 months now.
So bed bugs havent really been bugging us too much, we still see them
occasionally but I havent been bit for a while. I did get a GPS and I got the
one Dad told me to get. The Garmin NUVI40 with the lifetime updates.
So things with the Caison's are going great still, but Dana is getting
surgury and apparently the recovery time is about a month. So we have moved
their baptisimal date to the 29th of september. They are still going strong and
have now read up to Mosiah 15! Gordon Lambdin is an investigator I think Ive
told you about. He is the grandson of a member. We have been teaching him for a
while now, and he finally came to church!!! I was sooo happy to finally see him
come. He has progressed a long way and has a baptisimal date comming up here
soon. Hopefully he will continue to that goal of being baptized.
We had another good turnout at church, we had 4 investigators come! Larrhe Ann came. We helped her move the first time we met her and now she has come to church twice with us!! Eddie also came. Gordon came, and Shawn came. Shawn is someone we met at Wal-mart on tuesday. we started talking to him and asked if he would want us come over and share a message about Jesus Christ. He said yes soo we got his contact information. To be honest, I didnt think for some reason he was going to be there, but sure enough he was!! We had a good first lesson and accepted the baptisimal invitation! Just goes to show that we dont always know the people God has prepared for us, so it is our job to Invite everyone we see. Unfortunatley for us, he is a young single adult so we referred him to the other Elders. At least he is still getting the gospel though!!
It sounds like the first week of school went well!! How does everyone like
it so far? Im sure Mom likes having everyone at school. It is also good to hear
that the fun run was a success!! Mom how do you like being in the PTA? I bet it
is a lot of work. You will have to let me know how Lehi does this year with
football, and also how some of my friends from school are doing.
Well, I love Y'all. I feel your prayers and am very greatfull for your
support. Have a great week this week and I look forward to writing you next
week!
Love, Elder Mortensen
Elder Mortensen and Elder Edman by the Battleship in Wilmington
Transfer Meeting
Elder Peck (my father), Elder Mortensen, Elder Edman (my
son),
Elder Benson (Elder Peck's brother) and Elder Cook(Elder Benson's son).
No comments:
Post a Comment