Hello Everybody!
Elder Edman and I are still doing
very well!! He is a super great and prepared missionary which makes my "job" as
a trainer easy. We have a lot of similar intrests. He played football and ran
track at Hillcrest. Remember that picture that you ordered from that football
game of my interception? That is his parents who do the pictures, so that is who
we ordered it from! Its kinda crazy.
So the work is going really well still. We are keeping pretty busy during the week. On friday and saturday we didn't really have any appointments scheduled so we rode our bikes all around Wilmington going to visit some investigators and some less active members. Our investigators are still doing very well. We talked to Leon the other day about how Dana's surgery went. He said it went well. Hopefully she will have a fast recovery. I really miss going to their house to teach them because they are such nice people. So here in Wilmington we dont really knock on doors very much. Usually we knock a few doors around the appointments we teach, but very rarely do we go tracting. This last week I think we spent about 1 hour or less knocking on doors.
We had a good experience the other day at church, out of nowhere this
couple showed up to church. Their names were David and Joy. They are both deaf.
It was interesting trying to talk to them because they could read lips so they
would understand a lot of what we would say. Hopefully we will see them continue
to come to church and hopefully we can start teaching them.
I also had another amazing experience this fast Sunday. I have decided that
I abasolutley love fast sunday because every time I have fasted on my mission, I
have recieved an answer to the question I was fasting about. This week I decided
to fast to know if the Book of Mormon was true. I already knew that it was, but
I really desired to have a spiritual experience after praying to know if it is
true. Thats what I decided to do. During sacrament I read Moroni 10:3-5 and
really started to ponder and pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. At
first I didnt really feel anything different. During the meeting I felt like I
should go up and share my testimony, so I did. Once i started speaking, I
started to feel something. It started to get stronger and stronger. Once I was
finished and sat down that is when It really hit me. I just felt the most
peacefull, warm feeling come over me and it just continued to get more and more
intense until I felt like I could fly or something. It was a sure witness to me
that I know God answered my prayer. There is now a more real meaning to me when I
read those verses in Moroni. It just goes to show that God will ALWAYS answer
prayers. I would invite and strongly encourage you to do the same thing that I
did, even if you know the Book of Mormon is true. It was a special experience
that everyone can have.
Well That is all for this week, I hope everything goes well for yall, just
remember that God loves you.
Love Elder Brayden Mortensen
P.S. thank you for getting me the addresses of my friends from the ward who are going on missions. Could you also give me the addresses for my college friends as well? They would be Elder Tyler Moser, Elder Daniel Farrah, I think thats all of them. Thanks! and you can send them to me over email if you would like.
No comments:
Post a Comment