Monday, September 24, 2012

At Least I Am Still Trying To Be a Missionary...Even When I Sleep!

Hello Family and Friends,

This week has been a blast! It is crazy to think that I have been out for about 4 and a half months. I think being a missionary has really started to kick in. According to my companions I sleep talk quite frequently. The other night they said that I was teaching someone and asking for a referral, all in my sleep. Well at least I am still trying to be a missionary, even when I sleep!

We are still covering two area's and will until the first Wednesday in October. We have been teaching a lot of solid people and are really enjoying our time together. So this week we have the possibility of having 3 baptisims. First off are Dana and Leon. We have been working with them for a long time now and they are finally ready to be baptized!!! We are trying to schedule an interview for them this week and trying to get them baptized on Saturday! The other one who is getting baptized is Kevin. He is the most elect investigator I have ever taught.. Everything we teach him, he accepts and has an instant testimony on it. For instance, we were talking about the word of wisdom. For every substance that we can't take, he had a story of how he use to do it, but how God had helped him quit. He is amazing and is super prepared to get baptized.

Kevin also had an amazing experience at Church the other day. We were at Stake conference and President Bernhisel was speaking. After he was finished, Kevin pulled us out into the hall to talk to us. He was breathing really heavy and was saying "Its not my time". This had us really nervous. We asked him what he meant and how he felt. He said that he was so overcome by the spirit, that he felt like he HAD TO get up and bear his testimony in the middle of the meeting. By this time he was breathing very deeply and was crying. After a few minutes a member of the ward who was fellowshiping him came out and took a walk with him in order to calm him down. At this point,  my companions and I had no clue what was going on. After talking to the member who took him for a walk outside, he told us what Kevin had told him. He said that Kevin had been so overcome by the spirit, that not only did he have the urge to go up and bear his testimony, but he recieved some intense personal revolation. I cant even begin to tell you how spiritual Kevin is. God has prepared him for this gospel, and has some big plans for him. It is a real honor to be working with him.

So that was the major event of this week. Also we had a few more people come to church. Gordon, Dana, Leon and Kevin all came. It was an amazing day!!

Other than that, the weather has been beautiful. We are still eating with members almost every night and everything is going very well.

So it sounds like school, soccer and everything else is going well. Its awesome to hear about what y'all are doing back at home. Can you believe its been about 4 and a half months? I hope you all have a great week and have an enjoyable time this week. I love you all and hope everything goes well.

Love, Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment