Hey Y'all,
My week has been great! It was a busy one as usual and we are teaching a
lot, so thats good! It sounds like you are keeping busy and driving a whole
bunch! It sounds like Mom had a good time at the Expo! It also is good to hear
that Dad is getting out on his bike once once in a while! School sounds like it is
going well also. I cant believe that Bri is a senior and Josh is a sophomore...
It is crazy.
It is soo exciting so be seeing soo many missionaries going out from our ward! We truly will influence many people all over the world. That is also awesome that 2 people from Lehi are comming here! Clayton Young kind of rings a bell, but I am not sure if I know them. When do they go into the MTC? We do have a lot of Spanish missionaries here. My district leader is a Spanish missionary. Hopefully when they come out, I will get to see them!
?, Elder Mortensen, ?, Kevin, Elder Randall, Elder Edman
Leon and Dana are still doing good. Dana passed her baptisimal interview,
but she is waiting until Leon can be interviewed for baptism.
Gordon is doing well!! He told us that he knows the Book of Mormon is true!
He is just praying and fasting to find out what day he should be baptized on.
Hopefully he will pick one within the next 6 weeks!
After today we will be back to just our normal companionship. Elder Randall
will be getting a new companion and will be in Hampstead full time. Elder Edman
and I will be together for at least 6 more weeks to finish the training program.
He is an amazing missionary. He is a really good teacher and I learn a lot from
him all the time!
With General Conference comming up it has made me realize something that I have really learned on my mission. it is kinda funny because General Conference to a missionary is like better then waiting for the Super Bowl back home! I cant tell you how excited I am to hear the words of God spoken through his leaders in the church. Like I was saying before, I think one major thing I have learned is how the Holy Ghost can inspire and reveal things to us. Before my mission, I knew that the Prophets were inspired but I didnt really understand how. Ive found that recieving inspiration and revelation from the Holy Ghost is something that does not come easy. So far being on a mission Ive realized that with practice, it becomes easier. Understanding how to follow the spirit has been a big help to me in teaching as well as all other aspects of my life. I cant even imagine how inspired the Prophet and Apostles are. I think that is why I am so excited for conference this weekend.
Well, I love you all. Have a great conference weekend and remember to read
the Book of Mormon:)
Love Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment