Monday, October 29, 2012

We Had Another Miracle This Week

Hello everybody,

I am doing great thanks for asking. Fortunately, we haven't had too many issues with hurricane Sandy here in Wilmington. We did have a few members homes who flooded. It rained for like 10 hours straight on Saturday, but other than that, it was not too bad. We were teaching a lesson down on the island in the middle of it and got to see the waves, they were huge!! They aren't really expecting to much more rain from that storm here.

Our week, as always, has been busy. We are still teaching a lot of people which is great! Donna is doing great!! The last time she smoked was about a week ago so that is great! In Relief Society they announced that she was going to be getting baptized within the next few weeks which is awesome!! After church, all of the sisters were really excited about the missionary work going on here in the ward. Transfers are on the 13 of November. I have no clue if I will be staying or leaving. I really hope I get to stay because I love it here in Wilmington! It would probably be a good idea to send the mail to the mission office though, just to be safe. We were able to teach Keisha this week, she is the 9 year old. It was awesome!! We taught the plan of salvation using some flash cards that Elder Edman and I made. We even colored pictures on them! It was really great because she really enjoyed the lesson and understood all of it! She is very bright for her age and is really fun to teach. She will be getting baptized sometime in December once her grandparents have full custody. We also had another miracle this week... Gordon is going to be getting baptized on the 10 of November!!!! I cant tell you how excited I am to finally see him decide on a date to get baptized. We have been teaching him for over 4 months now. It will be really fulfilling to see him get baptized because Ive been with him from the very beginning, and have seen his progress for a long time now.

Thanks for the update on what is happening at home. Its always fun to hear what you are doing back at home. I think I am going to miss seeing snow this winter. Oh and thanks for the packages!! I really enjoyed all of the food, especially the cookies!! It kind of reminded me of eating the same cookies every Sunday. I think Ive got everything I really need for now.

I had a pretty funny experience the other day. I woke up because I thought I heard the alarm. I slipped out of bed and said my prayers. After that I went to the bathroom. When I got out, Elder Edman was still in bed so I turned on the light to wake him up. It was only after I had walked into the kitchen that I looked at the clock..... It was 12:30..... After that I just turned the light off and got back into bed. We both had a pretty good laugh about it the next day. I must have heard the alarm in my dream or something.

Well, Something Ive learned this week is a little humility. Ive found that even though there are some things that we can do without involving the Lord, the Lord can always do it better! Here on a mission we are doing the Lords work so it is absolutely essential that we do it the Lords way. I love my mission:)

Love Elder Mortensen

p.s. sorry, no new pictures, hopefully I will be taking some new ones soon

No comments:

Post a Comment