Hello Family,
Well, it has been another busy week here in Wilmington! The weather has
been nice and we are keeping really busy. Gordon is still doing great, we have a
lesson with him tonight so hopefully we will be able to decide on his baptisimal
date!! It is crazy to look back and see all of the work we have been doing with
Gordon and how far he has come. I think we have been teaching him for around 4+
months now. Dona is doing very well!! We are currently helping her quit smoking.
Once she has been off of the cigarretts for 4 weeks she will be baptized! She is
amazing and has a really strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. She says that
whenever she reads it, or whenever she is at church, she just feels better than
she ever has in her life! We also started teaching a 9 year old girl named
Keisha. She is living with her grandparents who are members and is very excited
about getting baptized! It is a fun, but different experience trying to teach a
9 year old, but luckily she is very smart and loves the gospel already!! She
will be getting baptized hopefully within the next 3 weeks or so. This sunday
Brother Kinder gave a talk is church!! I dont know if you remember me telling
you about him. Ive been teaching him for as long as Ive been here and in that
time he has started comming back to church. It was really awesome to see him
give a talk. He did great!! To answer your question, I am not sure what
experience has been my favorite experience so far. I think it would be
impossible to pick one single experience and call it my favorite. Among some of
the best have been the baptisims Ive been able to be a part of, when Jeffery
Holland came to our mission, and when Kevin bore his testimony in
church the day after he was baptized. I believe Ive told you about all of those.
Luckily the memorable experiences are all in my journal so I can always go back
and look at them.
So I got the Halloween package today!! Thank you so much for sending that,
it really made me excited to see all of that good food, and that awesome shirt
and tie!! So in that package I cant really think of anything else I need. The
Tommy Emmanuel CD you sent me must not have worked right because some of the
songs dont play all the way through. Maybe you could send it again? And if Josh
wants those scriptures he can use them. I think I will be fine without them. The
only reason I wanted them is so I dont have to take the quad when I wanted the
Doctrine & Covenants with me.
Well that is it for now. Just know that I am still loving my mission! Ive
recently started reading the New Testament and have really come to love the
doctrine in there. It is truly remarkable to read about and study the life of
Jesus Christ and learn his teachings. How is your reading going back home in the
Book of Mormon? Hopefully well!
Love, Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment