Monday, October 8, 2012

There Were So Many Good Talks This Weekend

Hello family,

This week has been a great one. General Conference was amazing, and it did not disapoint at all. It is amazing to see them change the age for a mission from 19 to 18. It will be awesome getting all of of these younger missionaries in our mission. It is also good to hear the good news about the newly recieved mission calls from my friends!

So we watched all of conference at our church building, they had it playing on a big projector in the chapel. We were fortunate enough to have 4 different investigators watch conference with us this weekend. They all loved it!! We had a great dinner with the Keith family this weekend. They are such a great family and I love going over to their house for dinner. They are good friends with a family that lives in Lehi, I cant remember their names at the moment. Could you forward me those picutres? Its also exciting to hear about Kirk and Luke wanting to go on a mission!! I know it will be a blessing in their life when they do go.

There were so many good talks this weekend. I took pages and pages of notes from the talks this weekend. I think my favorite talk was Jeffery R Holland's talk about being a diciple of Jesus Christ. He speaks with amazing power and conviction that it is nearly impossible to not feel the spirit. It brought back some good memories of a few months ago when he came to speak to us here in North Carolina. I really liked the talk by Russel Nelson. I was jumping up and down in excitement when he kept saying "ask the missionaries, they can help you"! Ok I wasn't really jumping up and down, but I really felt like doing so. I had a big realization this weekend which I feel is personal revelation for me. The gospel is soo simple.. It is not complex or hard to understand, rather it is easy to understand. You can tell that someone is truly converted to the gospel and has a testimony, when they can explain it as simply, and clearly, as those who spoke in Conference this weekend. It is something in missionary work that we strive for. Its something I'm still working hard on. It is comforting to know that this church is guided by a prophet. President Monson shared a few times that he felt the impression to do something, only to find out why at a later time. I know that he is a Prophet guiding this church by similar revelation. He has the ability to communicate with God and recieve revelation for each and every one of us. A scripture that Ive come to love is in Mosiah 8:16-18. In that scripture it is Ammon talking about what a prophet is and what he does. In the last verse it talks about how the prophet is a great benefit to us, as well as anyone who has faith to perform miracles. What a benefit it was to hear from the leaders of this church. I'd invite ya'll to read over them when they are put into the Ensign and apply them into your life. We will be blessed!

Thank you so much for the letters, keep them comming! Ill talk to y'all next week.

Love Elder Mortensen
 
 
 
Elder Mortensen and Elder Edman at the Beach
 

Elder Mortensen and Brother Brunson, the Ward Mission Leader
 



Elder Mortensen, Elder Edman, Elder Randall
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment