Hello everyone!
We had yet another great week! We had a great Easter as well! Earlier in
the week we had a really great district meeting. It has been a few weeks since
our last district meeting because we have had two zone meeting in a row. We
learned about how to use the Book of Mormon more effectively in our teaching. I
learned a lot as I prepared for it and everyone else seemed to learn a lot as
well! As I talked to the district members thorough out the rest of the week they
each told me that they applied what they learned at district meting and that it
was working really well! I've found that it is really important for
investigators to learn primarily from the words in The Book of Mormon, and not
from our words.
We had a great lesson with M--! She ordered a Seminary study guide for
the Book of Mormon and is now using that in her study. She also ordered a triple
combination and is doing a whole lot of studying from the Book of Mormon. She is
also doing well with quiting smoking. She is having a hard time with it, but is
trying very diligently to quit. Up to this point the only thing from stopping
her from coming to church is that her car is broken down but thankfully our
second councilor in the branch presidency offered to come and fix her car for
her! Hopefully once we get the car all fixed up she will be able to come every
week like she wants to!
You asked if Sister C-- daughter ever came home. Yes she did! She
actually drove up to their home right as we were leaving!
Elder Allred and I spoke in church this Sunday. As I have studied the
resurrection of Christ the past few weeks, I have come to realize just how much
faith He had to have to lay down His life and take it back up again. In 1 Nephi
19:9-10 it talks about how Christ yieldeth himself as a man, into the hands of
wicked men. He also suffered himself to be spit upon, scourged and judged to be
someone of no importance. Imaging the self control He must have had to submit
himself to people who were far inferior to Himself. He could have at any
time ended his own suffering and saved Himself, but He didn't, because His
Father's will was more important to Him than anything else. He had to have an
incredible amount of faith to do that. Because of the faith He had, we can have
perfect faith in Him. He yielded Himself to men who did terrible things to Him,
and all we have to do is yield ourselves to the enticings of His Spirit which
brings us great joy and happiness. I will forever be grateful for Him.
We ate dinner with a great family on Easter. They had all of their
grandkid's there. It was a lot of fun. We ate some really yummy food and helped
hide all of the Easter eggs for the grandkids to find. We had a blast.
There are a few other exciting things I want to tell you about! On May 10
we are going to be getting a senior couple in Tabor City! I am soo excited for
the Branch! They are from Cedar City. Their names are the McKibbin's or
something like that. It is just another sign of the hastening of the work. I
love being part of the hastening of the Lord's work here in the mission field. I
also am excited to be apart of the hastening when I am not in the mission field!
Also, there are a few members of the branch that are going out to Salt Lake City
the first week of August. They said that they would like to visit us if we are
available! I told them that I don't know exactly what is going on that week but
that if we were available, we would love to see them. Mom, I gave them your
phone number, but I don't think they are planning to call until it gets closer
to August.
Overall, everything here is going really well. I don't feel like I've been
out as long as I have. I still feel the same urgency that I've felt for the
majority of my mission. Thankfully I have a great companion who also likes to
work! I've been doing a lot of reflecting on what I've learned over the past few
years. There are so many things that I don't even have the words to describe all
that I have learned. As I've attempted to put into words all that I've learned,
Ive found that the easiest way to tell how I've grown is to see how much my
desires have changed. I didn't have any "bad" desires before my mission, but
they were a lot less centered on doing what Christ desired me to do. It brings me
a lot of joy, when I realize just how much this mission has changed me.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you all and hope that you are
blessed!
Love Elder Mortensen
Brayden with Brother and Sister D-- and Their Two Girls
|
| Brayden with Brother and Sister S-- |
No comments:
Post a Comment