Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a pretty good week. It was a lot warmer than it was last week
so that was a good thing. I really miss the snow and I am jealous about the snow
you are getting! We did fix Elder Balaich's bike, but it seems like every single
time we go out to bike he gets a flat tire. We do still have the car but only every other week.
This week we had a hard time meeting up with our investigators. Trish is
still sick. We did get permission to hold a church service in Trish's house from
President Bernhisel because she is just to sick to go to church. We have a
meeting with her husband in order to see if she can be baptized. Collins is
doing great and came to church this week!! He really enjoyed it. He is still
asking a lot of questions that is making it so my scripture studies have been
more intense trying to find answers. He has a lot of questions about vicarious
baptism's for the dead which we are going over on Wednesday to talk about. It is
defiantly fun teaching him. Brother F___ is doing well, he also came to
church again, we may not be teaching him for much longer because he is not
progressing. He loves coming to church but is not really willing to change so
far. Hopefully we see a change of heart soon. Clarissa is great! She was sick
most of this week though so she wasn't able to make it to church. We will
probably continue teaching her because she has a really good fellow shipper in
our ward who works with her.
I'm not sure what the mission or zone goals are for baptisms. I do know that
our district goal for this month is 9. We are at 2 so far so hopefully we will
make our goals!
In my personal study in the Book of Mormon I learned something awesome! It
isn't really new but I thought it was a great example that I hadn't noticed
before. It is in 1 Nephi 2:12, 16-18. Laman and Lemuel as usual are murmuring
against Lehi. In verse 12 it says they murmured because they do not know the
dealings of God. That is so true, we may oftentimes get complasive or murmur
when we do not understand why God is commanding us to do something, especially
when it is hard or uncomfortable to do. There is a major contrast between Laman
and Lemul with Nephi. In verse 16, it says that Nephi prays to understand the
will of God. In turn his heart is softened and he believes and understands the
will of the Lord. Because of that he does not murmur. Not only did he get a
spiritual confirmation that his father was called of God, but he shared his
testimony with his brother Sam, and because of that testimony he too believed.
It is important for us to gain and then to share it with others so they too can
come to understand the dealings of God, and as a result not murmur.
I really love the Book of Mormon because of simple stories like that that
show us a great example of how to live our life. A great way to share a testimony
is Mormon.org. On there you can create a simple profile and share your testimony
with many people. I would invite y'all to make one if you haven't yet, they are
awesome!
Thanks for the update on what is going on with the family. Is Bri going to
run track? Also tell her to tell Coach Rowe that I say hello! I am also jealous
about all of y'all going skiing! If there is snow when I get home that would be
awesome. How fast do
Ali and Josh run on the treadmill at the acceleration training? What about the
agility test? I remember those were my favorite workouts there. Thank you for
the quote mom, that is very inspiring. I definitely know the Lord does inspire us
do do many good works in order to be an answer to someones prayer.
I am staying in Greenville as well as Elder Balaich! The whole district
is staying except we are going to get a new sister with Sister Tillman.
I hope y'all have a great week. I love you.
Love Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment