Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It Is Truly A Miracle

Hello family and friends!

Things are going well in Greenville and we have some GOOOOOD NEWS! But ill tell you about it later in the Letter:)

We visited a lot of less active members this week and had some neat experiences. We taught Will. He lives way out in the country so it was a fun trip to go out and see him. We taught him about taking the Sacrament every week because he had not been to church for a while. Unfortunately, he did not come but we are still trying.

We did receive some good snow this week!! Probbably only about 1 inch or so, but people were getting really nervous in anticipation for it. They even canceled many church services in the Stake, but luckily ours still happened.


Our investigators are doing great! it seems that the cold that is going around has died off a little. Luckily neither of us got sick. Collins went to Canada for a job interview so we didn't see him this week, but he is planning to come to church on Sunday! We also found some awesome new investigators! They are the S_____'s and they are a really nice older couple. They go to a baptist church and are really active in it, but let us in and seemed really interested in our message. We are going to see them tonight!

So now for the good news. Trish is going to be baptized!!! We talked with her husband and we are good to go for her baptism! We are trying to do it this Saturday if we can get an interview scheduled. It truly is a miracle that Trish is finally able to be baptized, and truly is a blessing from the Lord. The baptism is going to be tricky because she is pretty much paralyzed and can't walk or really move by herself. We are planning to do it at the Greenville Aquatic Center because they have a chairlift that would make it more convenient getting her in and out of the water. We are really praying and hoping that everything will go smoothly and her baptism will happen on the 23. I will definitely keep you updated on that.
 
It sounds like y'all have been in St. George and Vegas a lot the last few months for soccer tournaments. Its awesome that everybody is doing so well and having fun. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. It is also crazy that there are so many missionaries coming here from Lehi, I haven't met any of them yet, but I likely will. Chances are pretty high that I will get transferred this next transfer so I may get to see Sister Estes then! There are also two others from Lehi in the mission that I know of, but I haven't seen them yet.

The work in the district is exploding and going awesome!!! We have 3 or 4 baptism's coming up in the next two weeks! I really cant wait to see all of our work pay off.

Well, I need to get going, but I will talk to y'all later, hopefully with a report on Trish's baptism. Have a good week:)

Love Elder Mortensen
 
Elder Balaich, Elder Dewy, Brayden, Elder Perryman
 



Elder Balaich and Brayden
 
 

Elder Balaich and Brayden visiting with members

 


No comments:

Post a Comment