Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Work Continues To Roll On Here in Greenville

Dear family and Friends,

How are you doing? I am doing pretty well. The work continues to roll on here in Greenville. We had really good weather this week so it was very nice! Despite the good weather it seems like everybody is getting sick here! Its a combination of the flu and the cold. It was hard to teach any of our investigators because all of them were feeling sick. There are also a lot of ward members who have it. We did not see Trish this week, but we are going this Wednesday to talk to her and her husband. After the visit we should know if she will be able to be baptized and what the next steps are. Collins is doing well but could not come to church on Sunday because he was sick. Other than that he is great, we had some really good lessons this week and he seems to have a real desire to be baptized. He has a baptismal date for 2 March so we will see if he progresses towards that. Clarissa is still sick so we didn't see her this week. She still wants to be baptized though. Brother F did come to church this week but we have not taught him for a while.

We did not find any new investigators this week. It is something we have really struggled with for various reasons. Finding is going to be our biggest focus the next few weeks because we are only teaching 5 investigators right now. The good thing is that all of them are really solid and have a desire to be baptized. On a typical day we wake up at 6:30 and exercise for 30 minutes. After that we shower and get ready, then start study at 8:00. We do 1 hour of personal study and 1 hour of companionship study. Then I have 1 hour of district leader study time. After that we usually eat lunch and then start our day. It seems that we spend a lot of time calling people to find exchanges for our lessons because it is pretty hard here in Greenville for some reason. If we could figure that out, we would have a lot more time to find. I would say that the biggest miracle we saw was Collins accepting a baptismal date and also saying that he believed the Book of Mormon was scripture! It was a great moment and will be a turning point for his conversion.

Its awesome to hear about the success back at home! I do miss watching all of the soccer games. Its awesome that Bri is going to run track, she will do great! Its also awesome that she got that scholarship from IM Flash! Josh, that is a great time! I cant wait to hear about how tryouts and everything go for you! Ali, once I get home, can you make me a cake? That would be yummy. I don't think I ever had to act out Romeo and Juliet, Im glad I didn't have to! Acting is definitely something I don't particularly enjoy doing. Mom, what kind of things are you planning for PTA? Dad, 44 years is not to old! Happy Birthday By the Way! Sorry Im so bad at returning letters.

We got some interesting news that from now on, transfers are only going to be 5 weeks long! I think they are doing it so they can get more missionaries in the field faster! I learned that two people that I knew from Lehi are now in this mission! Tanner Frandsen is one, I worked with him at the pool, he was an awesome guy and Im sure he will be a great Elder.

Sorry this is a boring letter, next week I will have more of an eventful week. Hopefully we will see some success in finding and also in helping our investigators toward baptism.

Love Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment