Monday, April 29, 2013

It Really Has Been The Best Time Of My Life Serving The Lord On A Mission

Hello Family and Friends,
 
This week has been a long but great one! Everything is going really well in Lumberton right now. Last week we spent a lot of time with Brother Warren! On Monday we went and played Frisbee golf with him and all of the missionaries. The course was very difficult. Every hole was around a lake. We lost a lot of Frisbees that day, so we decided we best not play at that course again. I think disc golf is something I want to pick up when I get home. That night he went with us to some lessons. My new companion is Elder Knight from Pasco Washington. He is great! He is really tall. He said he is 6'6. He is also very young, he is 18.  He was supposed to graduate this year, but he graduated early so he could come on a mission! So far we are getting along together really well. I would attach a picture, but for some reason the cord that I usually use to transfer pictures from my camera to the computer, does not work on these computers. If I get a chance, I need to look for something I can use that will work on these computers. He is a pretty hard worker.  We have been teaching like crazy. So far he is doing great but is still trying to get used to the missionary lifestyle.
 
Our investigators are doing well. Like I said last week, we received a lot of new investigators from the other Elders, so we have been trying to fit everybody into the schedule. Oo Meh is still progressing well. Hopefully she will be ready on May 11. The only reason she would not be is because she is pretty nervous. She does not like being the center of attention. Her mom is the only member in the family, but her father has been coming to church regularly as of late. We did give Beh Meh, Lu Meh and Da Meh to the sisters. They really enjoy them! Even though we are not teaching them, we see them all of the time. We now have 9 missionaries in Lumberton... 7 Elders and 2 Sisters. There is a lot of work being done here and it is super exciting to see.
 
Thank you for sharing your experience in the temple. I do know that God answers our prayers oftentimes through the scriptures. God is always in control. He has all power to fulfill his purposes. Another scripture that I really like comes from the D&C. It says "after much tribulation comes the blessings". I know that is true.
 
Its good to hear again about all of the exciting news back at home. Sounds like there is still a lot of soccer going on. I cant wait to be able to watch all of the kids play again. Also its great that Bri had a fun time at Prom! She does look great in that dress!
 
Sorry again that this is a short letter, I hope everything goes well for you, and all of the family. Thank you for your prayers and support. I cant believe how fast time is passing. It really has been the best time of my life serving the Lord on a mission. I hope y'all have a blessed day.
 
Love Elder Mortensen
 
A Note from Brayden's Mom.  Brother Warren shared these pictures with us while he was visiting Brayden.  Thanks again Brother Warren!  It is so fun to get a glimpse of Brayden's life as a missionary.
 
 
Brayden and Elder Knight
 


Brayden and Elder Knight
 
 
 
Missinaries in Lumberton (Before Transfers)
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment