Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Amazing The Eternal Perspective That The Gospel Gives Us

Dear family and friends,

How is everybody doing? This past week was especially good because of general conference! All of the talks were amazing and inspiring. I am glad that you got to visit with Brother Warren. We have had a lot of great missionary experiences together, I don't think ill ever forget them. I'm glad that you were able to hear them from him because he is very good at telling them. As you heard, Trish did pass away last week. Its amazing the eternal perspective that the gospel gives us. She is now in a much better condition and I know she is happy. The Lord couldn't have had better timing, seeing as she was baptized less than a month ago.

Dad, thank you for the advice you gave me, it has been very helpful. Teaching is going great here! We just set a baptismal date with another investigator named Oo Meh. She is 9 years old and is realy awesome. Her mother Ma Meh was baptized a few months ago and is very excited about her daughters baptism coming up. We are also going to try to help our investigators Beh Meh, Lu Meh, and Da Meh be baptized on that day as well because they are all friends and that would be a very special day for them! They are all ready for baptism but we are working on getting permission from both their parents first. Ive found that these people have incredible amounts of faith. A lot of the time they don't understand a whole lot of what we teach, but they feel the spirit and that is enough for them to act. They are very good examples for me.

We went to the church to watch conference with the other two sets of missionaries. It was very fun being with them all day and talking about what we were learning. We did have quite a few of the Burmese come to watch, as usual, they did not understand a lot of it, but they enjoyed it. It is evident from all of the talks that Satan is going to be working really hard to deceive us and that we must prepare now to be righteous for when the hardest trials come. I know I am very grateful for a prophet who knows what will happen in the future and can warn us what we need to do to prepare.

Well, I need to get going, but thank you for your letters. I am also glad that you enjoyed spring break! I do miss a little bit going on vacations. And I am also sooooo excited that we are getting a temple in Cedar City! That will be very convenient if it is completed while i am still going to school there. Have a great week and Ill talk to you later!

Love Elder Mortensen
Brayden and Elder Cluff

 
 
Teaching the Burmese People
 

 
 
 
 
Note from Brayden's Mom:  Thanks to Brother Warren for sharing these and other pictures, as well as lots of stories and memories with our family.  We had a great visit with him.  It was fun to meet someone that has been an important part of Brayden's missionary service.  Thanks again Brother Warren for all you did for Brayden and for all of the missionaries serving in Greenville.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment