Monday, July 29, 2013

She Is Slowly Starting To Believe In Christ Which Has Been Awesome To See

Dear family and friends,
 
We had a wonderful week this week.  It was a real busy week full of teaching, going on exchange and going to Raleigh for our leadership meeting. I had the opportunity to go on exchange twice this week. The first was with Elder Eskelsen who is a district leader in our zone, the second one was with Elder Hewlett who is one of the assistants to the president. They both went really well! I love going on exchange because I get to learn from other great missionaries. The meeting in Raleigh went well. I got to see a few missionaries that I know well. I got to see Elder Peck! It is crazy to think that he is going home soon. He is in Wilmington again in the Singles branch there so he gets to teach Gordon Lambdin again! While at the meeting I got to talk to Gordon on the phone for a few minutes. He is doing well! He is trying to decide whether to go on a mission or not, hopefully he will!

Our investigators are doing well. You asked a few questions about Brennon. He is currently living with a less active family so that is how we found him. He is doing well but has been very busy so we haven't taught him as much as we would like to. We have not taught the W___'s again, but Brother R___ who is their friend is teaching them whenever he gets the chance. We are trying to teach them at least one more time together before he goes out of town.

Sister V___ is also doing really well. She came to church and enjoyed it a lot! This week we are going to teach her with President Bernhisel in another member's home! We are really excited. She has a baptismal date for September 7 so hopefully she will progress well to that day. She is slowly starting to believe in Christ which has been awesome to see. In our area we teach about 15 lessons a week.  This last week was not quite that high because we had a lot of lessons fall through for some reason. We have been doing a lot of active member lessons where we go into an active member families home and teach then about missionary work. We read from Preach My Gospel and do role plays to help them learn how to share the gospel. Hopefully we will see some success from that effort. We do get to eat with member's a lot here so that is a big change from Lumberton. We also have some great members who regularly go on exchange with us.
 
Thanks for the update on the family. I hope y'all continue to have a great summer. It sounds like y'all are having some unforgettable experiences. That is also awesome how Jax placed 2nd in his tournament! I miss watching Ali, Jax and Josh play soccer. Thank you mom and dad for all the hard work that you put into having a happy family. What you do really does make a difference. To answer your questions I did get my camera back! Ill send you some pictures from Lumberton. Sister Estes is not in my zone, but she is in the zone right next to mine. I have seen Brother Mcallister both Sunday's that I have been here. I haven't had a long time to talk to him but he seems to be doing great!

I hope y'all have a great week:)

Love Elder Mortensen
 
Last Pictures from Lumberton
 
 
Tu Reh and Brayden
 
 
 
Aye Meh's Family and Brayden
 
 
 
Eh Taw's Family and Brayden
 
 
 
?, Than Tun Win, Brayden,Shimo ?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment