Dear family and friends,
We had a great week this week. Everything here in Lumberton
is about the same. Our investigators and members that we teach are doing really
well. The weeks are just flying by and kind of blending together. This is the
last week of Elder Knights 12 week training. It is pretty likely that I will be
transferred out, but I may also stay. I guess next week I will let you know!
This week we did a blitz up to Parkton and the small cities around it. We had a
total of 10 missionaries in that area that day. It was great, we spent a lot of
our day with a semi active member helping him do his home teaching. After that
we helped him weed his garden which was pretty fun. After we were done helping
him we headed out on the bikes, it had to be at least 95 degrees. We biked a
lot and talked to some really good potential investigators. It is a really
country area so there are a lot of fields in between houses. Another set of
missionaries went to see Brother Haines (the man we found last week). They had
a good visit with him and was very excited to see the missionaries again. He
was not able to come to church last week, but did come this week! It was great
to see him and we hope to see him every Sunday. They are still working on
getting his records into the branch.
We had a lot of fun this week. Missionary work with the
Burmese is really unique because as missionaries we do a lot with them. We are
their main source of fellowship in our branch which gives us opportunities to
become really good friends with the people that we teach. Yesterday we had a
big family home evening with 3 families. Two of the families were members and
the other family are not yet members. It was really good. We had a good lesson
on the doctrine of Christ. It is great to see their enthusiasm in answering our
questions and sharing what they know about the gospel. We played UNO and other
games with them after we were done teaching the lesson. There are a lot of the
people here that I am really close to. It will be hard to leave. There really
is no greater joy than seeing the people here progress in the gospel. It is the
same in every area but I feel that especially here.
We have not yet had any word on us being able to use any
technology. I know that there are missions that already have Ipads and use
other technology, but we have not heard when our mission will get that. It will
likely be soon. We have zone conference on Wednesday so we might hear something
there.
Im happy to hear that y'all had a great Independence day
week. We didn't do much here other than preach the gospel. We did eat at a
members home with the other Elders in the branch which was a lot of fun. Is it
still really hot or has it cooled off a bit? That is crazy that it has been so
warm lately. Here it has been raining a lot. It hasn't been too extremely hot
but has been very humid because of the rain. Bro. Warren came with us on the
blitz this week and told me about him going to Utah. I am very excited that he
is going to church with Y'all. It will be great for people at church to see how
nice the people are down here. Brother Warren is amazing and I am very thankful
for him.
I hope y'all have a good week, it sounds like everyone is
going on some fun trips, be safe! Thank you for your prayers. I feel your love
and support every day. I hope you also know that I pray for you often.
Love Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment