Hello,
This week was really great! We are happy here in Hope Mills and the work is
going great! We are still spending a lot of time with active members. Here in
Hope Mills we have dinner with members every night so that is a good time for us
to help them with their missionary work. We also schedule lessons with members
outside of dinner appointments so we have more time to teach them about
missionary work and role play with them. We have not seen any new
investigators from this effort yet but this Friday we will hopefully be teaching
a family that some members are sharing the gospel with.
Our teaching pool is considerably smaller than it was last week because we
have discontinued actively teaching a few of them. Sister V-- is still doing
well. She has a baptismal date for September 14. Her biggest struggle is still
with quitting smoking. From talking with her we feel that she has developed a
belief in Jesus Christ, but she will not admit it yet. She is still trying to
identify what the spirit feels like so she can recognize it more often. Our
plans are to keep having her in members homes so she can have more support in
recognizing the spirit and quitting smoking. Brennen moved to another area so we
are going to have the other missionaries teach him. I-- is having a lot
of doubts. She read a lot of Anti-Mormon literature on the internet and is
really struggling to believe what we taught her. It is really to bad to see this
happen because she really seemed to have great potential.
Everything else is going really well. We had interviews with President
Bernhisel this week so it was good to see them. Our Zone is still doing well. We
had a few baptism's this week and should have 3 more coming up next week. My
favorite part about serving here is being able to spend time with other
missionaries. It is a great opportunity to learn and to teach them how to
improve. Going on exchange with the district leaders every week is one of the
things that I enjoy the most. With transfers coming up in a week there will be a
few changes in our zone. We will be getting 4 more Spanish Elders. There will
also be a few of our really good missionaries who are being transferred out. Im
sure the Elders and Sisters who will replace them will be great as well!
Thank you as always for your report from back home. Please continue to give
me a lot of information! It doesn't make me homesick but makes me happy to see
how everyone is doing. I hope the transition back into school goes well for
y'all. I think I would be up to hiking Mt Timp when I get home. I would probably
be breathing really heavy but I'd be happy to do it.
Well, I hope everything goes well for Y'all this week.
Love Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment