Dear family and friends,
This past week was wonderful for many
reasons. General Conference was amazing! We watched all of the sessions at the
church building here in Hope Mills. A lot of people here watch it at home either
on the internet or on BYU TV. We did have the H--/B-- family come to the
Sunday Morning session. About 14 of them came! There were a lot of inspiring
messages and I really enjoyed all of them! Something that I learned is the
importance of building up our spiritual stamina and strength. It is important to
be consistent in the gospel and making sure we win the battle over little
temptations so we will have the greater ability to win the bigger battles. That
is one thing that I am going to apply. What are y'all planning to apply from
what you learned at conference?
My week has been great! The
H--/B-- family is doing great! Like I said earlier they all came to
conference and seemed to enjoy it. All of the kids we are teaching in that
family are really smart. They really seem to understand everything we teach and
they ask sincere questions. We set a baptismal date for the 26 of October. We
are very confident that they will be able to be ready by that day!
We are working with a few other people. We are teaching a woman
named P-- and her daughter M--. They are
really great! We had a lesson on Saturday between sessions of conference. She
does not regularly attend a church but goes around to different churches to find
the one that will help her gain more faith. She really liked Moroni 10:32
because it says that we have to "deny ourselves of all ungodliness...and his
grace is sufficient for you." A lot of the churches out here teach that once
you accept Jesus as your Savior that you are saved. They do not understand that
we must endure to the end and do our best to become like Jesus Christ. P--
liked this scripture because it helped her understand that we do have to do good
works and "deny ourselves of all ungodliness." She is planning to come to church
this week so we are really excited for that!
I am going to be
staying in Hope Mills. Elder Green is being transferred to serve as a zone
leader in the Duke/UNC Chapel Hill YSA branch. He is really excited. I am going
to be getting a missionary named Elder Thornton. He is currently serving in Wake
Forrest serving as a district leader. He has been out 6 weeks less then I have.
Ive heard a lot of good things about him and I am very excited to serve with him
and help him learn how to be a zone leader. We have a zone conference coming up
next week that will be a good learning opportunity for both of us.
Thank you for all the updates from home. Please understand that
even though I may not respond back to everything that you said y'all did at
home, that I am sincerely interested in all that you are doing. It makes me
really happy when I hear all of the good things that my family and friends are
doing. Thank you for taking the time each week to write me.
I know
that we heard inspired men and women speak this past weekend at general
conference. I know that if we choose to apply what we learned and not forget
those things we learned, that we will have a greater amount of the spirit in our
life.
I love y'all so much! Have a great week and I will look
forward to hearing from you next week.
Elder Mortensen
Elder Green, Elder Tschaggeny, Brayden
No comments:
Post a Comment