Hello Everyone,
We have had a wonderful week here in Tabor City! My new companion is Elder
Persinger from Bakersfield California. He has been out for a little over a year
and is a great missionary! He is a very very good singer. In the Tabor City
branch we have probbably 90 active members or so. It seems like 95% of the
membership here are ages 65 and up! It is a big shock coming from Hope Mills
where there were 230+ active members and a lot of youth and children to coming
here. Even though it is very different, I love it here. We have a HUGE area that
is mostly small town's and country. The people here are really southern. I think
I have met some of the nicest people that I've ever met here. We had a really
good week of missionary work. We broke a 6+ week streak of not finding any new
investigators and found 3 this week!
When I got here on Tuesday, we only had one investigator family and a
handful of less active members that the missionaries would see on a regular
basis. This week we talked to a ton of people. I feel like we must have talked
to 50 or more people this week. We were able to find those 3 new investigators,
plus 2 or 3 other additional less active members that we will start teaching on
a regular basis until the are active again!
The investigator family that we have is really solid! Well at least one of
them is. His name is R--. He is doing really well! He came to church this
week and has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and knows that he wants to
be baptized. The only thing that is stopping him is his living situation. R-- is in the stage of deciding what to do in order to
improve his life. We had lunch with their family on Sunday and had a great time.
He made us some delicious chicken-vegetables-noodle soup. It was soooo good! We
had a great conversation all about what R-- learned at church that day. He is
awesome!
The district here is really great! We have a lot of great missionaries that
I am excited to be working with. The district meeting this week went really
well. It's amazing to see the difference between me now as a district leader,
and the missionary I was when I was called to be a district leader for the first
time (its crazy to think that that was about a year ago...). I feel like I've
been prepared my whole mission to serve here in Tabor City. As I've reflected
the past couple of days on my mission so far, its amazing to see how everything
Ive done on my mission including the companions I've served with, the positions
I've served in, the stake and ward leaders I've worked with and everything else
has prepared me to serve here in Tabor City. It is a really neat thing to see.
For Thanksgiving this week we are going to be going to a members house! I'm
not sure exactly what our plans for the rest of the day are, but I know they
will be great!
Sound's like y'all are having a lot of fun in Lehi! I'm sure dad is doing
a great job in his new calling! I love this time of year and all the traditions
that we have as a family. I am very thankful to be a missionary this time of year
so I can bring the best message that the world has to offer to as many people as
possible.
I need to go, but I hope Y'all have a great week!
Love Elder Mortensen
| Brayden's New Apartment in Tabor City It is a non-members pool house. |
No comments:
Post a Comment