Monday, November 4, 2013

It Is Great To See That The Gospel Has Changed Them And That They Are Doing Their Best To Keep The Sabbath Day Holy

Dear Family and friends,
 
This has been another busy week. Daylight savings was very timely because that extra hour of sleep was very much needed. It seems that from 10:00 in the morning after our studies to 10:15 at night we are just as busy as ever. It is really tiring but very satisfying at the same time.
 
The H-- and B-- families are still doing great! It is interesting to see how great of a relationship I've built with them. I feel like all of them are family, like my little brothers and sisters. They are all doing great and came to church this week. One great thing happened with them this week. C-- had scheduled her birthday party with her friends on Sunday, but when we talked to her we talked about how it is important to keep the sabbath day holy. When we left that night she was still planning to have the party because she had already invited all of her friends and everything. On Sunday when they came to church, she decided to reschedule it for next Saturday. It was great to see that the gospel has changed them and that they are doing their best to keep the Sabbath day holy.
 
Everything else is going well! We had another awesome experience doing service this week. We were with a member driving home after teaching a lesson to an investigator family of ours. On the way home we saw a lady in her truck on the road. It turns out that she had ran out of gas so we pushed her off to the side of the road. While the member was fulling up her truck with gas, we got to talk to her about the gospel. She said that she wanted a church that could bring her family closer together. We set up a return appointment with her. That appointment went very well! We have been having a lot of little opportunities like that lately where the Lord is giving us the opportunity to serve people around us.
 
Well that was my week in a nutshell. Just know that everything here is going great and that I am very happy:) I am always in the middle of my mission and will continue to serve the best that I know how to. Thank you for writing me and keeping me updated on how the family is doing. I love you all and pray for you every day. Thank you for your support and love. I look forward to talking with y'all next week!

Love Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment