Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Because We Study Effectively and Faithfully We Know What to Say in the Very Moment We Need It

Hello Everybody!

This week has been a really great one!! Its crazy to think that I leave in less than a week.  While I have been here I have seen a few different people I knew prior to coming here.  I saw Elder Tyrell Fox a few times, I saw Elder Koy Ash, Elder Cam Aldredge from SUU and Elder Miller (Josh's soccer coaches son).  It's always nice to see some familiar faces.
It sounds like things are going good back home! Its nice to hear about all of the soccer games and how you are all doing. I find it kind of ironic that Brianne has already gotten pulled over. It only took her a year!! Just kidding Brianne. I'm sure school is still going great for you as well as everyone else. I bet you are all super excited for summer vacation to start.

Days here at the MTC are super packed. We do more in a day than I ever have before. Right now we have 5 people we are teaching: Timmy, Cameron, Mark, Alex and Aaron. All of them are very different. Mark is very well versed in the bible and we often feel we aren't smart enough to teach him. We have found that teaching our basic beliefs and bearing testimonies are best. Its amazing how the spirit can work. There are some things that we have said or taught that definitely do not come from us.

I also had to give a short 5 minute talk last Sunday on Baptism. They tell us to prepare something beforehand but they call us up on the spot to teach. It actually went really well and it is easier to see now how having the spirit to direct what you say is very useful. There have been many experiences where this has happened. Because we study effectively and faithfully we know what to say in the very moment we need it.

I have had some really good experiences this week through prayer. I had some questions in my mind that I wanted an answer to. Through the spirit and the tender mercies of God I received answers to my prayer.

It's also obvious that the experience is taking its toll on some members of the district. I personally don't feel stressed or overwhelmed, but many do, even my companions have had struggles. I know a mission isn't easy, but we are all finding that it is worth it. All in all, I have loved the MTC but I am soooo ready to get out in the field and do what I've been called to do!!

I hope everything at home continues to go good. I love you all and am grateful for all your support. Thanks mom and dad for all you have done for me.

Love, Elder Brayden Mortensen


Elders Going to North Carolina



Elder Tyrel Fox and Elder Brayden Mortensen




Brayden's District with MTC Teachers Brother Prawitt and Brother Grabeau



Brayden's District with MTC Teacher Brother Corless



Brayden with MTC Teacher



Brayden with Brother Grabeau
  


Brayden with Brother Prawitt

 

No comments:

Post a Comment