I am going to write one more time before I leave for North Carolina. I guess I will start by responding to the letters from dad, mom and Josh.
The MTC has flown by! We had in-field training all day where we learned how to set goals, plan, and talk to people about the gospel. It got me so excited to leave and just spread the gospel to everyone I see.
The devotionals here have been really great. We have had L. Tom Perry come and talk to us. He gave an amazing talk on faith and it was really good. We also had the Provo Temple President and his wife talk to us. His talk was the best talk I remember hearing. He talked about the temple and how we can best benefit from temple worship. It was a really really inspirational talk. Elder Rasband also came to talk to us and gave a really good talk on how we can teach by the spirit.
On Monday we are flying out with 5 Elders and 1 Sister. All of the Elders are in my district and I have made a bunch of friends. The threesome has been interesting. It makes lessons easier to teach and at the same time harder. It makes it easier because in planning we have more heads working together. It is also nice because we don't get awkward moments in lessons that are silent. It makes it harder because you don't get as much time to talk and teach yourself. Overall it has been a good experience.
It sounds like everything is going good at home. It sounds like everybody is successful at everything they are doing. I wrote letters to both Grandma and Grandpa Gay and Mortensen a few days ago.
Today is Friday and I start packing tomorrow. I think everything will fit and be under weight.
Josh in your letter you told me about teaching in Seminary. How did it go? I bet it was a good missionary experience.
I also wrote the Primary back. Hopefully they get it.
Well, it's almost time for bed. I'll look forward to writing you on my next p-day. I hope all continues to go well at home. I miss you all!
Love, Elder Brayden Mortensen
P.S. I will get you my favorite scripture next time I write.
Elder Ellinson, Elder Mortensen, Elder Bowler
Brayden with His District
No comments:
Post a Comment