Monday, December 31, 2012

It Was Amazing To See The Spirit Touch Her and Inspire Her To Listen

Hello family,

This has been a great week! Christmas was great! I really enjoyed talking to you, it was probably my favorite part of the day!! I definitely am thankful for my wonderful family and all they have done for me. Thank you for sharing with me what you did over the Christmas holiday, I think that is the best part of Christmas is all of the things we do with family.

For some reason today it is hard to concentrate on anything, so sorry if my letter seems kind of scattered. This past week on Wednesday I had the opportunity to go to Raleigh and attend the Zone Leader/District Leader Council Meeting.  It was a great meeting!! It has been one of the more spiritually intense meetings I've been to. It is a really great opportunity to be around President Bernhisel and the other great leaders in the mission. I had the opportunity to speak on faith. It went pretty well! In the meeting we received a lot of good instruction on how to be a Christlike leader and how to help our zones and districts.

Things in the district have been well! The zone leaders came to our last district meeting. We were able to go on exchange with the Zone Leaders as well. I really enjoyed my exchange with Elder Winger because he gave me a lot of great advice on how to be a good district leader.

Our investigators are well! Trish is still wanting to be baptized, but her health is really bad still. She told us that the doctors are giving her until June to live. We really hope she will be alright and will be physically able to be baptized. We are seeing a lot of miracles here in Greenville. We have an investigator named Carrie. Usually she is always talking and talking. She talks so much that it is hard to teach her. This last lesson something remarkable happened. She actually listened and paid attention. It was amazing to see the spirit touch her and inspire her to listen.

Again, I am sorry this letter is kind of scattered. I really love you and will write a better letter next week.
 
Love, Elder Mortensen
 
 
Christmas in Greenville
 


 
Brayden and Elder Winger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment