Dear Family,
Missionary life is going better than ever! We were really busy this week
and were able to teach 20 lessons this past week! That is the most I've taught
my whole mission! We are so unified as a companionship and it is
making all of the difference! This week we also had two of our investigators at
church. William and Christa. They are both doing well, William is having a hard
time with his smoking addiction still but we are praying really hard for ways to
help him. Christa is great! She still loves the gospel and is patiently waiting to get baptized. We were also able to find 8 new
investigators this week!! We are truly being blessed here in Greenville.
We had our Christmas Zone conference this week, it was amazing!!! There
were multiple zones at the meeting so I was able to see a lot of my old district
including Elder Peck (my father) and Elder Edman (my son)! It was a really great
meeting. Our district sang Silent Night, it was pretty good!! We rode up with a
member from the Second ward named Brother Warren. He is awesome!!! He is the
nicest person I have ever met. Hopefully one day Y'all will be able to meet him.
While talking to Elder Edman he was able to tell me about Gordon's baptism. How
awesome is that? He also told me that Donna had passed her interview and Keisha
was getting interviewed this week!! Donna got baptized last week and Keisha will
probably get baptized next week!! It is really great to see that the work we
did in Wilmington is turning into success!
Now to answer some of your questions. Transfers are being cut a week short
so it will be the week before Christmas. I don't think I will get transferred but
I'm not sure if Elder Mchan will or not. We will not be able to skype
unfortunately. Our apartment is a little bigger than the one in Wilmington, it
is pretty nice. The members are great, there are some who are very
missionary minded! We get fed about 4 times a week here. We cover half of Pitt
county and another set of Elders cover the other half. Our area is a lot bigger
than the one in Wilmington. We also share the car with the other Elders. I think
I've biked more often here in Greenville than I did in Wilmington. I'm not sure
why but that is how it has gone so far. What is my favorite miracle for the
week? That is an easy one. It is the unity of our companionship.
It makes me so happy to hear about all of the good things happening at
home. So many mission calls and other good things! I miss hearing the other kids
play the piano and going to their recital's. Its also crazy that everybody is
getting so old. I cant believe that Bri is a senior and that Josh is getting
his permit. Everything will be different when I get home, oh well! I am excited
for this Christmas Holiday to be able to focus only on the true meaning. It will
be a big blessing. I found out that our ward mission leader is from Lehi and
went to Lehi High School!! I also met someone in our ward who is moving to Lehi
and knows dad! I wont tell you who it is yet, but you will probably meet him in
the upcoming week. I love you all very much.
Love Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment