Monday, December 17, 2012

The Big Miracle For The Week Is Christa

Hello family,

Well this has been a great week with a lot of things happening!!! First off, Christa is all good for baptism!! We had her interviewed last week. She is going to be baptized on December 22 at 4:00! She is so excited! We are also very excited because this is the first baptism in this ward for almost a year! The Lord really is blessing us. This is the first baptism that Elder McHan has been a part of, and sadly he is being transferred... He is going to miss it by a week. He was pretty disappointed that he is going to miss it but has accepted that he is going to be leaving. Some other news, President Bernhisel has called me to be a district leader!! I am staying in Greenville but will be the district leader. I am super excited! I also know who my new companion is. His name is Elder Balich(I probably spelled it wrong). I believe he has been out for around a year. In our district we will have us, two other sets of Elders, one set of Sisters and then the Myers! I am really excited! The Myers are really awesome! We usually go on exchange with them about once a week. They are so nice and loving. We always like going out with them because people seem to treat us nicer when they are with us.

Our investigators are well! The big miracle for the week is Christa! We are no longer teaching William. He talked to his preacher and he told him not to talk to us. Sadly that happens quite often. We do have a three other investigators who have accepted the baptismal invitation so hopefully they will progress to that point. Trish is one of them. She has brain tumors and is has some challenges. We are teaching her and her home-nurse Allison ( who also accepted the baptismal invitation)! We really hope to see them gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

Its awesome to hear about all that is happening back home! Also Skylers baptism! That's awesome. I am also giving the talk on the Holy Ghost at Christa's baptism!I miss sledding behind the 4 wheelers in the snow! I miss the snow. We don't have solid plans for Christmas yet. We are going to spend Christmas eve with the Myers. I think we are going to look for some service or go caroling or something. We have a few members we are going to eat with on Christmas day. We will probably be calling on Christmas day and I'm not sure what time. Ill let you know next week or something. I will be calling you and we can talk for up to 40 minutes. I also look forward to talking to y'all. I did get all 4 packages! Thank you so much! I am enjoying the 12 days of Christmas.

I think that is it for now. Did I forget anything? I probably did. The man that is moving to Lehi from here is Steve Farrer. He is going to work at IM Flash. I hope y'all have a great week:)

Love Elder Mortensen

 
Brayden, Christa, Elder McHan, Christa's Sister

 
 
 
 
Brayden and Brother G______.  He is a recent convert, the last one
baptized in the ward. Christa is his sister- in-law.


No comments:

Post a Comment