Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been great! I have been a little sick but it was still a good
week. Christa's Baptism went amazing!! The service was one of the best I have
attended and the spirit was very strong! The speakers all did amazing. It truly
was a big Christmas Miracle.
Elder Balaich, Bishop, Christa, Brayden
Being district leader has been great so far! I have to put together
training for district meeting every week and also hold the missionaries in the
district accountable for the effort they put into their work. It really is a
great service opportunity. I also get to go to extra meetings with the other
leaders in the mission! I am excited to learn more from President Bernhisel and
my other leaders. Its kind of funny, there is one missionary in our district
that has been out shorter than I have.
Our investigators are doing well. We had an amazing lesson with Trish. We
were asking if she prayed about the message we shared. She said, "I did, and I
got an answer. Its true, I know its true"! What a miracle! We set a baptismal
date for 26 January. The only thing really so far that is an obstacle for her is
coming to church. She is very physically disabled because of her brain tumors
and can't really get out of the house too often. Once she gets feeling better she
will come to church and hopefully progress towards baptism. We are still
teaching her nurse but she was not at that lesson. Hopefully she (Allison) will
also start progressing toward baptism. We are also teaching a man named Collins.
He is from Guam and he is awesome! He is working on his PhD at ECU. He goes to
the Seventh Day Adventist Church and is a very teachable guy. He is really
searching for the truth and wonders where the prophets and apostles from the
Bible went! We were happy to teach him about the restoration and answer his
questions.
I really miss all of our Christmas traditions. Family always makes things
more enjoyable and I definitely will miss mine. I am really excited to spend
Christmas in the mission field so I can focus completely on the Saviors birth.
For Christmas day we are planning to go eat at a few members homes. It will be a
lot like Thanksgiving where we spend all day eating. We were thinking to call
around 7:00 pm our time so 5:00 your time. Ill call the home number if that
works. We can talk for about 40 minutes. I'm so excited! I am losing my voice so
I might sound kind of funny.
I love you all so much, have a wonderful Christmas Eve:)
No comments:
Post a Comment