Dear Family,
This week has flown by! It has been full of ups and downs but for the most
part has been great! Thank you for reminding me about those blessings from my
patriarchal blessing. I have often turned to it for guidance while trying to
improve upon my abilities as a missionary and a companion. I know the guidance
given there will be a big blessing for me.
The missionary work this week was great!! We were able to teach 17 lessons
which is pretty good for this area! We have some really good investigators. I
think I told you about James. He is very humble and really wants to change
his life. He is having a hard time with smoking, but is still trying his best.
We have a few investigators who are pretty close to baptism once they overcome
smoking cigarettes. We are teaching a lady named Christa, she is awesome!! Every
time we teach her I learn something new! She has some very good insights and
ideas on the things that we teach her. She Is ready to be baptized. We had an amazing miracle this week! There was a lady who has been less
active for years that came back to church today!! We have been teaching her for
the last 3 weeks, trying to help her attend church again. Not only was it a
miracle that she came to church but it is a miracle how we found her! A few
weeks ago, the first counselor in our bishopbric was at the church alone doing
some work. He has about to leave but he felt the prompting to go back and do
some more work. After thinking about it for a while he finally went back into
the church and obeyed the prompting. Once that work was completed and he was
about to leave again, the phone rang. It was a lady named Sandra, who
told Brother Davis that she was less active but wanted to see the missionaries
again. After that, he gave us her name and asked us to contact her and we did!
Three weeks later she was at church. What a miracle. It reminds me of Moroni
7:33-37ish that says that it is by faith that we can see miracles. I know that
is true!
It sounds like Y'all had a great week! It is funny how you are talking
about the North Carolina slang. Ive never heard any of those words that you
asked about, but there are some very funny words and phrases here. Their whole
way of talking is very different. It sounds like Ali is working hard on her
personal progress! I too know that Heavenly Father loves me because of my
reading in the Book of Mormon. Bri, that is awesome that you are the sterling
scholar!! You are way smarter than I ever could be. Do you think Bri will serve
a mission? Josh, I cant believe you are almost 16... How are you liking High
School? Jax, from what Ive heard, you haven't changed a bit, which is a good
thing, because you are awesome! I am really jealous that you were able to do
the Live Nativity again. I think that is one of my favorite traditions to
participate in that. Congratulations Kirk on your mission call!! That will be a
fun mission down in Texas and you will be a great missionary!
I love you all. To answer some of your questions, I had not previously
thought about the call on Christmas but I doubt we will be able to skype. Ill
keep you updated. Ill answer some of those other questions in another email. I
love serving the Lord:)
Love, Elder Mortensen
No comments:
Post a Comment